Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Week 1 - here we go!!!

Whew...so let's see if I can stick with a challenge and actually complete this! My BFF and I have joined a group of ladies doing a 52 week cleaning challenge. I've tried daily challenges and that has proven to be too much of a commitment for me. LOL I have tried other weekly challenges as well; however never really held myself to it. It's a new year and i'm determined to create a new home that I will love without moving since that is not in the cards for a bit.

We lost my mother-in-law back in October and that really opened my eyes to what was important. My house is cluttered and messy and makes me feel stress. I don't want to live like this and refuse to allow my family to live like this any longer. Sadly i'm very much an instant gratification person so I want it all done overnight which I know is not logical. This will definitely be a challenge to stick to; however with my BFF by my side playing along...WE WILL ACCOMPLISH THIS!!!

Ok...so Week 1 - Top of the Dresser. I will begin this tonight once my husband wakes up; however being a weekly challenge, I will not beat myself up if I do not finish this today. :)

Here's to a successful 52 weeks!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hooray!!! I am here with you, all of the way!!

    Don't forget to post a before-pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you're joining us! I can't wait to see your before & after pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a procrastinator so come Monday night I might panic, but this is a reasonably sized undertaking per week. Can't wait to see your project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I look forward to seeing your post next week! It will be so wonderful to know that you have completed the first task. Katie's tasks are generally ones that can be accomplished in a fairly short amount of time so it is really nice that we have a week to get it accomplished! If it was a daily thing, there is NO WAY I would be able to keep up. Hope you stop by to visit me as well! I'm following via GFC too!

    ReplyDelete